It’s that time of the year again when we prepare for the biggest water fight in the world – Songkran Thai New Year 2018. For those of you who don’t know, the Thai New Year starts on the 13th April and depending where you are in Thailand, you can expect to see one of the biggest parties in the world that could last from anywhere between 24-hours to one-week! In Pattaya, Songkran is celebrated between the 13th and 15th April.
There are many things you need to know to not only get the best from Thai New Year but to ensure you come out the other side unscathed. Being the biggest water festival in the world, as you can imagine, it can get quite messy.
Things to do over the Songkran Festival
– Do purchase yourself a water cannon and proceed to spray everyone within squirting distance.
– Do make sure you visit Pattaya Beach Road, where the scene will look like something from the Apocalypse Now.
– Do find yourself a team to complete death-defying missions similar to a SAS crack taskforce.
– Do take everything in good humour because you will get wet.
– Do make sure all your valuables are kept at your hotel, and if not, ensure they are sealed in waterproof bags.
– Do ensure you have a great time and savour the moment, as you are part of the biggest water festival in the world, which you will remember for the rest of your life.
Things not to do over Songkran Festival
– Do not get bind drunk because there are many dangers on the roads over Songkran.
– Do not cruise the streets on your motorbike, as people will spray water and thrown white powder over you no matter how fast or slow you are driving
– Do not go out if you are not prepared to get wet. Stock up on supplies and chill around your hotel’s pool for a couple of days.
– Do not go overboard. It’s okay to spray water around and have a good time, but please do behave yourselves because a lot of drunk people in one place being foolish can cause major problems.
Be safe and have a great time over the Songkran Festival. Happy New Year guys!